As An Amazon Associate I Earn From Qualifying Purchases
They say that when it comes to artistry, it’s more about the skill rather than the tool used. If you really have the knack for it, you don’t need the fanciest or some cutting-edge equipment as you have the talent to back you up. While many artists will agree, most will also say that it wouldn’t hurt to have the best tattoo machines on hand.
Check out our favorite products in the table below.
With the most reliable tattoo kit, your job as a tattoo artist can become easier. Your lines and strokes can become more precise, allowing you to create the magical skin art your clients desire. Your tool can also help determine your efficiency in doing your work, so why not choose the best starter tattoo machine brands for lining/shading one, right?
To help you to pick the best color packer tattoo machines for you, here’s a lengthy guide and a number of top-notch machines recommendations that we guarantee won’t let you down. Check tattoo machines reviews out below.
Our Top 7 Tattoo Guns for the Best Tattoo Machines for your Tattoo Shop
There are so many amazing, high-quality tattoo kits available in the market today so choosing just one may seem impossible for many. To help you narrow down your options or at least give you an idea on what are considered to be the best products available today, here are 10 top best tattoo machine that you can check out:
1. Hummingbird Bronc Pen- Best Rotary Pen Tattoo Machine for Beginner Tattoo Artist
Starting off this list is an affordable item that has impressed a lot of professional tattoo artist.
Hummingbird is one of the best tattoo machine brands, made to provide a versatile and highly functional rotary machine, the Hummingbird bronc pen tattoo machine nicely executes everything that the manufacturer aimed to offer.
Some may have doubts because of its friendly price but once you tried using this rotary machine, you’ll know that the price is actually a great price. It’s proof that great things don’t always have to break the bank as this rotary machine performs really well despite being very affordable.
One of the biggest draws to this is the way it’s constructed. It was made to feel like a regular pen so users will have no issues with its handling. Bronc managed to pull it off nicely. It will feel like you’re just using a somewhat heavier best pen-type rotary machine kit to draw on your client’s skin when using this rotary tattoo machine.
2. Stigma Hyper V3- Best Cosmetic Rotary Tattoo Machine
Being one of the best selling pick from one of the most popular machines brands, the Stigma Hyper V3 definitely deserves a spot on this list. One look at this and you’ll know that it means serious business.
They also make grips, cartridge needles in various configurations, and other accessories. Their goals is to provide inexpensive tattoo products.
While it may seem intimidating at first, you can have it on good conscience that this is a good fit for both pros and beginners alike. Its innovative design allows it to be easy to maneuver and operate, so even if you haven’t been inking for years, you won’t struggle too much with this particular tool. Since it’s also deemed as the most flexible tattoo machine in the market today, it might really be a good match for lots of tattoo artists , professional artists or a beginner.
Its biggest claim to fame, however, is its claim to be the softest tattoo machine kit in the market. So even though it also does a great job in lining, you can also count on it to be fantastic at coloring and shading. Switching from one setting to another is also perfectly easy and will only take you a couple of seconds. As a result, you can be quite efficient in completing your work.
3. Cheyenne Hawk Pen Rotary Tattoo- Best Beginner Tattoo Kit for Apprentices
Tattooing can be brutal on a tattoo artist’s wrists so a lightweight tool is always welcome. So with the 9.5g of the Hawk pen style machine, it might just be one of the lightest options available. This is one of the uncomparable tattoo equipment for beginners.
Being spectacularly lightweight is definitely one of the strongest draws of the Cheyenne. Not a lot of machines can promise the same thing without compromising their motor and frame quality. The Cheyenne Hawk Thunder gets to balance everything thanks to its great material choices, allowing it to be very light but still powerful and durable.
Despite being light as a feather, no one should doubt the Cheyenne Hawk Thunder’s performance. It’s touted as one of the most powerful machines for beginner tattoo artists available thanks to its Precision DC motor. It also makes some of the crispest lines, making it the best tattoo machine pick for the lining/shading. It can still pack in color and shade, though, so it’s also a versatile rotary tattoo machine.
4. Dragonfly X2- Best Cheap Direct Drive Rotary Tattoo Machine for Lining and Shading
Another lightweight option that might tickle your fancy is the Dragonfly X2 Tattoo Machine. This bad boy is quite a head-turner, thanks to its appealing design. Some say that it has a ‘badass’ vibe, making it a beautiful addition to many tattoo artist’s collections.
Aside from its looks, though, this has a whole lot to offer. For one, it’s very lightweight. It’s lighter than the previous products, so that’s very impressive. It’s also smaller than the other tattoo machines brands on this list, so if you prefer such a size, it might be a better option for you.
This item is also popular for its energy-efficiency. Despite their size, the rotary tattoo machine can consume quite a lot of power, so this one might be a more practical option for some users.
5. EZTAT2 Astral- Best Tattoo Machine Kit for Professional
This Japanese motor fitted Astral tattoo rotary cartridge tattoo kits comes in an upright perfectly balanced design to enhance its accuracy and precision during practice.
EZTAT2 Astral tattoo starter kits features convenient provisions for hard, medium, and soft three extra plunger bar Interchangeable drive systems that allow for improved expressions of detailed projects.
The Astral tattoo starter kit is as well attributed with an appealing and sleek purple design that reflects positively on the professionalism of a tattooist.
6. Hawink Pen- Best Permanent Makeup Tattoo Machine
Last but not least is our final best tattoo machine for a professional tattoo artists on the list Hawink pen-style new tattoo kit Machine. Hawink is one of the best-known tattoo supplies vendors around the world.
As its name suggests, it sports a pen rotary style tattoo design which makes it very easy to use. Designed to feel as close as possible to an actual pen, this item will free you from the need of getting used to this tattoo kit if you’re already adept at using a pen rotary tattoo machine for illustrating.
7. FK Irons Spectra Direkt2
FK irons attaches the power cord directly to the motor and the body of the machine is very easy to remove. Most users of FK Irons machines opt to bag one motor then switch machines for different tasks. This makes the process simpler and faster.
Last but not least is its easily adjustable stroke length. This machine is designed with changeable stroke caps so you just need to swap them out to tweak the needle depth of your machine.
Best Quality Tattoo Machine Buying Guide and Additional Information For Tattoo Artists
Here is a closer look at tattoo guns select the best tattoo gun for the different types of tattoos you create.
Rotary Tattoo Machines Vs Coil Tattoo Machines
At face value, when you compare coil and rotary tattoo machines, the former may seem a bit outdated and old-fashioned. To make it easier for you to compare coil and rotary tattoo machines side-by-side.
While it’s partly true since it’s heavier and trickier to handle, the rotary tattoo machine still more highly preferred by many professional tattoo artists today. Why? Because rotary machines are easy to use, precise, and intricate line work.
Rotary machines are more lightweight and friendlier for beginners to use but those who want to up their tattoo game usually shift to tattoo coil machines sooner or later for the said reasons. The fact alone that you’ll find the best coil tattoo machines on the market that are different from a good shading machine guarantees that this type of machine will let you get the exact results you need.
Pros and Cons of Different Kinds of Tattoo Guns
The market offers different types of tattoo machines, the most widespread and popular are rotary and coil machine.
- It provide the most “old school” fill
- This are most popular among novice tattoo artists
- Tattoos done with rotary machines look much more define and bright
- Significantly lighter than double-coil tattoo machines, Less tiring to use, Less noisy than other types Gentle on skin
- The rotary machine provides great control and a better detailing
- Has a simple design
- Versatile as it can be used as a liner or shader
- Rotary machines are also much quieter than coil machines
- Rotary machines are awkward in hand and allow less control
- Not exactly for use with large needles
- Shading with this type of machine can be tricky
- Doesn’t respond well to tension
- Fast needle movement can cause skipping or stitched lines
Coil tattoo machine
- Coil Machines available in different varieties
- Typically the most affordable coil machines type
- Creates smooth, clean lines
- Perfect for detail work
- Coil machines offers tattooists great control
- Available with motors of various capacities
- Coil tattoo machine easy to modify
- Coil machines works great with large needles
- Coil machines can be really loud
- Requires more skill to control with ease and precision
- Coil machines has more moving parts to maintenance can be trickier
- Heavier and more tiring to use for long periods
- Can be more damaging to the skin
- Creates solid lines nicely and effectively in one pass
- Very affordable
- Coil machine of liner is easy to use
- Cycles faster than other types of tattoo machines
- Not for other purposes
- Highly versatile as it can shade and make lines
- Causes less skin trauma and irritation
- Slower than liner machines
- Usually heavier than other kinds of tattoo machines
Pneumatic tattoo guns
- Compact and easier to lug around
- Versatile and can be used in various ways
- Fuss-free maintenance
- Very lightweight
- Pricier than the other types of tattoo machines
How to Care for Your tattoo machine for Long Life Use?
Follow these tips and your machine might just last you years and years.
- Follow the maintenance tips recommended by the manufacturer. They know what their tattoo machines need, so take note and follow their recommendations.
- Clean your machine after use, even if you bag your tattoo machine, it’s still crucial to clean it right after for hygiene and safety purposes as well as to avoid corrosion.
- Follow the tattoo gun setup instructions for your machine to the dot. You don’t want to make a mistake in its assembly and damage it carelessly.
- Understand how your machine works. This way, you’ll be able to easily spot issues so you can remedy it right away and not overwork your device unknowingly.