What are some of the best tattoo machine brands in the market that you should look into?
In the tattoo industry, there are many brands, and many of them do not meet expectations.
This way, you can have an idea of which makers are the most popular and reliable. With such information, you’ll be able to narrow down your options and prioritize the machines that are proven to be worth one’s while.
- Made in Berlin
- Low Vibration
- Safety and hygiene
- 12-month warranty
- Excellent performance
- Power triangle system
- Hand crafted
- Aircraft Aluminum
- Swiss Maxon motor
- 1 year warranty
- Interchangeable stroke
To help you with this, we’ve rounded up some of the most popular tattoo machine companies in the market today. The goal of this article is to assist you in finding a good tattoo machine. Check them out below.
Best Tattoo Machine Brand
Based on our research, and after looking at the different types of machines each brand excels at, we have selected the 11 most popular tattoo machine brands around the world.
1. Cheyenne- Best Tattoo Machine Brand for Beginners
Cheyenne is known for its highly technologically innovative equipment including tattoo needles of various configurations, tattoo grips that are ergonomic and robust, and other tattoo accessories. Apart from this, Cheyenne maintains a strong focus on product safety and hygiene.
In 2006, the Cheyenne Tattoo brand was created, so it isn’t exactly a young brand, but it has been able to gain a stronghold on both the tattoo shop and industry through hard work and good management.
Cheyenne Hawk Pen Style Rotary Tool
The Cheyenne Hawk pen is one of the most recognized and award-winning tattoo rotary machines in the world. Its award-winning design makes it very easy to use and handle. Lots of veterans and professional artists love it, too, further affirming its fantastic performance.
why is this top pick?
- Despite having variable stroke lengths, the machines can use a variety of sleeves, cartridge needles, and grips. This tattoo pen machine works faster than any other machine, producing a 3.5 mm stroke length that makes it ideal for lining, shading, and coloring.
- You can power the Cheyenne Hawk Pen with most power supplies, a power cable is included with the pen. Additionally, the machine comes with a 25 mm grip.
Cheyenne Hawk wireless machine pen allows the tattoo artist to work on different types of tattoos by switching between the lining and shading needles. A medically tested pen rotary tattoo machine along with a cartridge that uses only health-friendly needles.
Its advanced gear system and top-notch quality motor make it a quiet and vibration-free machine. The machine is able to run on 3.5-5 volts with excellent energy efficiency because of its motor quality.
The Sol Nova rotary pen is more powerful than the Cheyenne Hawk pen, but at the same time lighter. You will not experience any irritation from it. You will have a relaxing and speedy healing process instead of irritation.
A German-based tattoo company set foot in the tattoo industry with some experienced tattooists who have been running tattoo salons for over 20 years.
As most of us know, tattoo machines made in Germany are manufactured and tested to meet high standards that they sometimes surpass American-made tattoo machine guns.
With this, Cheyenne tattoo pen-style machine and coil machine tends to have a major edge over its competition.
The only downside to this rotary tattoo machine is its pricing. Cheyenne rotary and coil machine is definitely considered top-of-the-line so they are quite expensive.
As an investment piece, they are worth a splurge due to the quality of each machine.
2. Dragonhawk – Best Coil Tattoo Machine Brands
Dragonhawk was founded in Hong Kong in 2001 by two tattoo artists. In a short period of time, they became market leaders after focusing on developing safe, hygienic, and precision tattoo products. Dragonhawk offers high-quality tattoo products at an affordable price, yet they are a great value.
It took them a while to take off and start offering their wares but once they got a good foothold, the company soared greatly. By 2008, they were already operating globally by opening warehouses in the US, Europe, and China which exponentially expanded their operations.
Dragonhawk Tattoo Machine Kit
There are four coil machines included in this tattoo machine kit: a conventional liner, a power liner, a color packer, and a soft shader. The machine comes with a digital power supply, 50 pre-sterilized needles, 10 Immortal tattoo inks, rubber bands, disposable tubes, a carry case, practice skin, and DVD that contains an instruction guide.
why is this a top pick?
- Both the liner, shader, and color packer parts of the machine are made of superior metal and are well balanced with 10 wrap coils and a spring that is highly elastic and anti-fatigue to allow you to use it for a longer period of time.
- Additionally, the package includes quality coils and contact screws that provide a reliable service. You are entitled to a 30-day money-back guarantee. There is no doubt that it will be the best cheap tattoo machine in this price range that you will ever find.
Dragonhawk Extreme Rotary
Dragonhawk extreme rotary kit includes seven different ink colors, gloves, a clip cord, a carrying case, needles, artificial skin, and a power cable connection. These components allow you to start tattooing immediately.
why is this top pick
- Apart from their good quality, Dragonhawk tattoo guns are popular for their ease of adjustment, compatibility with different needle cartridges, and excellent customer service.
- With its excellent performance and low price, this coil tattoo machine experienced a significant gain in popularity. The machine allows nonstop tattoo sessions for 8 hours.
Mast Tour Rotary Tattoo Machine Pen
This tattoo machine pen does not vibrate It’s also ultra-lightweight and well-balanced, which makes it feels like you are drawing with a marker.
The pen has been reinforced with a space aluminum frame, which guarantees superior longevity while keeping an ergonomic, lightweight design. Furthermore, the kit is equipped with large needle groupings cartridges as well as a rotary gun on the power panel to facilitate easy starting.
What should be noted about Dragonhawk’s coil tattoo machines is that they’re usually considered as dupes for more expensive machines.
Instead of looking at other companies to give you great options, you can just stick with Dragonhawk for all types of tattoo machines.
Finally, with the world-famous Gabe Shum endorsing Dragonhawk tattoo machine, it’s really hard to shun such a brand. Shum is arguably the most many tattoo artist in Hong Kong with a very posh clientele that includes Lebron James and David Beckham.
3. Bishop Rotary Tattoo Supplies
Bishop tattoo supply is another good brand name for those who don’t want to compromise. Bishop is owned by Franco Vescovi who created the company and tattoo machine in 2009.
As a veteran tattooist with 25 years of experience, creating his own coil tattoo machines was a logical next step for Vescovi. Bishop Rotary tattoo machine is characterized by their high performance. These are 30% more powerful than those of other manufacturers. A powerful, high-speed motor is utilized in combination with an improved rotor mechanism, precise housing balancing, and an improved rotor mechanism.
why is this top pick?
- This coreless motor has a fixed 4.2mm stroke length, and it can be wound to suit the user’s needs. The color packing and realism can be increased by increasing the torque and speed of the system. As opposed to the traditional rubber band setup, the machine uses a needle clip.
- You can use a variable voltage range to operate the device. This brand’s machines can work with any tattoo power supply, which is a big plus. They don’t ask you to use only bishop power supplies.
- The best thing about Bishop’s rotary tattoo machines is that they’re awe-inspiring in both form and function.
- Bishop brand offers a great range of products that are suited to both beginners and experienced tattoo artists alike, making it the ideal choice for both.
- Bishop’s tattoo machines are made in the United States, which guarantees their quality. They also use Swiss Maxon motor, German bearings, and high-grade space aluminum frame.
As a result, they promise to come with best quality construction and materials. Bishop Microangelo with interchangeable 3.5 mm and 4.2 mm magnetic cams.
Their tattoo machines are manufactured in the United States and offers a 1-year warranty. If anything goes wrong with your machine, they will repair it. However, they are committed to customer satisfaction, so they may ask about your review. As a result, their products would be improved and errors would be eliminated.
Bishop tattoo machine brand is well known for its rotary tattoo machines. In fact, they are also widely known as bishop rotary tattoo machine. They focused on creating some of the best varieties of this type of machine and became famous for it. So if that doesn’t really spell excellence to you, nothing will.
4. FK Irons – Best Tattoo Gun Brand
FK Irons started in the USA in 2007 and is one of the top tattoo machines brands on the market at this minute, and there is no doubt about it.
Many professional tattoo artists choose fk irons brand for their everyday tattoo equipment, affirming the many praises that the brand has received over time.
Established in 2007 by Gaston Siciliano, the success of FK Irons tattoo pens can be greatly attributed to the background of its founder.
why is this top pick?
- Unlike the other professional tattoo artists that created their own rotary tattoo machine companies on this list, Siciliano is also a design engineer aside from being a professional tattoo artist.
- As a result, he knows more about how rotary tattoo machines are designed and engineered. This gave gaston siciliano a leg up in the competition, as he was capable of tweaking and customizing these rotary ink machines.
- Spectra Direkt2 by FK Irons is designed for professional users who are looking to make a significant impact in the industry. Since fk irons Direkt2 fits most standard needle circles, it does not need elastic groups or grommets to be a needle cut. The machine is equipped with 2.8 mm, 3.4 mm, and 4.0 mm stroke wheels for quick changes.
- With his knowledge and tattooing experience, we can dare say that FK Irons’ tattoo machines are expertly designed in every aspect. There is a 1-year warranty covering manufacturing defects on all products.
Additionally, the Japanese motor in the FK irons rotary tattoo machine is capable of serving you for at least 3000 hours without any problem. During its performance, it smoothly transfers ink to your skin, resulting in flawless lines, black and gray shades, and vivid colors.
To prove the superiority of FK Irons’ machines, their first rotary tattoo machine, the Spektra Halo 2 continues to be a very popular good tattoo machine amongst professional artists all over the world.
They have also exhibited their innovation with all of their Spektra Xion pen-style machine as another famous testament to their craftsmanship.
FK Irons’ fallen king irons success can also be attributed to the main focus of their tattoo accosories design. Siciliano crafted his Halo 2 with the artists’ comfort in mind. Therefore every tattoo machine has the advantage of being easy to tattoo work with, so they are highly desirable for tattooists of all skill levels.
What’s even better is that they’re made in the USA with great quality, as well as cutting-edge design and technology. With this, you’re guaranteed that your tattoo machine will last you a long while and can be your most reliable everyday workhorse.
5. Stigma Machines- Best Tattoo Kit Brand
Those who are interested in the best machine of lining and shading machines should also check out the Stigma Rotary Tattoo brand or tattoo supplies. They use German frames and Swiss-made motor to keep their high standards and are also renowned for making the finest tattoo shading instruments.
STIGMA was established by two tattoo artists with more than 20 years of experience in Germany who have been in the industry for over 12 years.
why is this a top pick?
- You can enjoy the convenience of a wireless machine with this product. The device is powered by a 2000mAh, 3.7V lithium battery. You can scroll the LED display to find out active voltage, battery power, and work time.
- Stigma has the ability to scale of mass production by taking advantage of their signature product quality by having niche product line of their own. Having CE certified tattoo machines makes them feel like the best tattoo machine brands.
- Moreover, the machine is equipped with a Japanese coreless motor, which ensures noiseless, vibration-free operation.
The machine features an additional armature bar foot accelerator, DC cord, and other accessories to make it easier to operate and work for a longer period of time. You can consider this model as the ideal body art tattoo guns because it is capable of delivering excellent results regardless of the working length of the stroke.
The company’s each machine was designed, built, and invented by the great tattoo artist and pioneer of the rotary tattoo machine, Artemis Rosakis.
With this versatility, a Stigma– Rotary Tattoo machine can be the only thing you need to complete a piece. Combined with an ergonomic design, top-notch precision, and an impressive appearance, the first Stigma-rotary machine wowed the industry and helped the new brand make a mark in the trade.
6. Solong Tattoo Machine
If you are looking for a good brand that offers a budget-friendly tattoo machine, Solong may be worth considering. This company has a solid background in providing tattoo machines even without a prestigious background in the field.
It can be a little iffy for some but since the company is very honest and straightforward about their credentials, it’s not hard to see them as a reliable brand.
Founded in 2008, Solong Tattoo claims to be one of the biggest rotary tattoo machine manufacturers in China. There is a wide variety of custom designs, construction, and drawings on the frames in the product line.
Solong Tattoo Complete Tattoo Kit 4 Pro
The best thing about it is that it looks like a pen and is easy to use. There are four tattoo irons that you can choose from for different purposes.
The solong tattoo machine kit consists of all the necessary tools for a new tattoo artist. You will find tattoo pine needles, tattoo ink, needles mouth, power supply, foot pedal, clip cord, color cup, clamp, pin pad, rubber band, handle, practice skin, gloves, Allen key, and some other materials.
why is this a top pick?
- The cartridges are 100% gas sterilized and individually packaged, and the needles are manufactured from 316 medical grade stainless steel for outstanding ink flow. The machine is compatible with all cartridges and needles
- A needle depth of up to 4mm can also be adjusted on the pen, according to the skin type. A power-control option on the machine allows you to maintain a consistent speed and prevent skin damage on your client.
The company offers a one-year warranty, and if the service is satisfactory, a longer warranty can be obtained. They’re also very open about making their own versions of the most popular rotary tattoo machines in the market today like the “Stigma” and “Tornado”.
With their unbelievably low prices, Solong’s tattoo machines are considered as some of the best dupes for the most well-known tattoo guns on the market. Also, each machine is impressively lightweight.
Most of coil tattoo machines look exactly like the real thing and perform much like them as well.
7. Dragonfly- Best Rotary Tattoo Machine Brand
Dragonfly ink rotary tattoo machine isn’t exactly a brand of its own but as the most popular range from Ink Rotary Machines, the line created a following and became widely known on its own. Despite this odd turn of events, it still proves that Ink Machines’ creation made its mark in the industry.
As their goal is to provide tattoo artists with unique tattoo equipment that can make tattooing more enjoyable, they have designed the Dragonfly line in a way that makes it powerful but still easy to use.
why is this a top pick?
- Its lightweight, silent machines also produce minimal vibrations. As it uses Swiss motors, a needle clip instead of rubber bands, it weighs just 3.2 ounces (90 grams) and is capable of supporting 55 magnum needles.
- With Swiss motors being some of the excellent components for tattoo rotary machines, this brand certainly draws customers in for their quality. Since these tattoo machines are made in Sweden, they get to guarantee that their motors are locally made and of the highest quality.
- Housed in aircraft-grade aluminum, customers can be sure that these premium tattoo machines are durable and well-built.
There are very reasonable prices for the tattoo machines and in order to enhance the relationship, the company offers a 6-month warranty. This certainly enhances the purchasing decision.
The dragonfly authentic x2 rotary machine makes the perfect representative for the brand as they embody what Ink Machines are all about. However, dragonfly invented single-use cartridges for rotary machines. It improved hygiene and safety.
8. Inkjecta Flite Nano Elite Rotary Machine
From one of the most expensive options, let’s take a look at what could be the best tattoo machine brands reviews today, the Inkjecta Flite Nano Elite tattoo supplies. Their rotary tattoo machines are well known for having a lot of torque and power, enabling them to hold the needle firmly while moving the skin.
why is this a top pick?
- The Inkjecta Flite weighs just 3.1 ounces thanks to its injection-molded ABS plastic frame with stainless steel tattoo grip. Fast and easy to use, it can be used on delicate skin such as the face with minimal trauma.
- There are five power levels for settings between 4.5 V and 10.5 V. Pick the one that’s right for the work you’re doing, like lining, shading, or packing. It reduces trauma on the skin and allows you to work for a long time.
- It is equipped with 0.018 springs on the front and rear, plus a 33 µf capacitor. Despite being so affordable price, Inkjecta Flite Nano Elite tattoo equipment rotary machine is it’s made from aluminum alloy so you can count on its frame to be reliable.
The machine is also CNC-crafted so it’s made with accuracy and precision in mind. This also guarantees its effective operation and easy control.
Many users also appreciate that it’s designed with their comfort in mind. The tattoo machine easily dissipates heat so it won’t get too hot while you use it. There is more comfort in using the devices that run on low power, which requires 7 to 9 volts for work in black and white or color
9. EGO Tattoo Machine Manufacturer
If you ask a lot of artists right now, they’ll tell you that the EGO is one of the best tattoo machine brands for shading and lining on the market right now. The Ego tattoo machine is created by the world-famous tattoo artist Bez of Triplesix Studios.
Bez has devised the unique power triangle system in which the triangles are mounted on a rotary tattoo machine. However, they might be considered to be both a front and a back spring system when used in a coil machine.
why is this a top pick?
- Then there’s its wide hitting adjustment. You can set it to hit really softly or very hard, giving you the freedom to achieve your desired results without a hitch. Ego rotary tattoo machine use high-quality materials for their machines.
- It comes in different colors and weighs 100 grams. It has a disposable grip and can use any cartridge. In addition, it comes with a 1.5m RCA power cable. With the help of its Swiss motor, it’s deemed as one of the most flexible rotary devices available today. Ego also works well as a liner and shader. For shading and lining, it is recommended that the power supply unit is set to 6-9V.
A 12-month warranty is included with all EGO Rotary products that are manufactured in the United Kingdom.
This ego rotary tattoo machine makes it very easy to use and wield, giving many tattoo artist great freedom in their movements. It has also spurred lots of knockoffs so you know that it’s good.
10. Rick Saverias Coil Tattoo Machine
The ctps saveria, a British brand, is also one of the top tattoo machine brands to be considered. This coil machine tattoo brands item is solidly built with its copper frame so it guarantees reliable performance.
WHY IS THIS THE TOP PICK
- These coil machines have been designed with quality materials and sterling silver contact screws, which allow for precise use of the coil machines. In fact, the device is capable of handling up to 13 mag needle groupings.
- It might not look like it but it can be a reliable pick for beginners, especially those who want to become apprentices of professional artists who prefer using coil machines. This type of tattoo machine has a 47 µf capacitor. It features an oversized armature bar with a stainless steel tip that’s not typical.
You get a 30-day money-back guarantee and a lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship.
Almost every component of a ctps saveria machine is hand made in Saveria’s workshop, from its 8 wrap coils to its silver contact screws. Saveria is only 5.5 oz, so it’s easy to handle while tattooing. That makes it a rare tattoo machine you can use for a long time without feeling your hands feel raw.
11. Hawink Rotary Pen Tattoo Machine
This tattoo pen is made from the CNC brand range by HAWINK CNC. It’s all about high-end quality and it’s a joy to work with. HAWINK rotary machine has a strong, stable, low-noise, German motor manufactured by FAULHABER, and is made of aircraft aluminum alloy.
Furthermore, you can adjust the needle movement so that it makes contact with the canvas at the right points. It has been designed to closely resemble a pen, which should allow for more precise tattoo procedures than ever before.
WHY IS THIS THE TOP PICK
- These machines are compatible with a wide range of sleeves, cartridge needles, and grips, and have a versatile stroke length. Users can set up the fast ink flow by using the included power supply and long cord. It can work at an input of 5.5 to 12 volts.
- This tattoo kit includes a digital power supply, foot pedal, tips, grips, and needles, as well as other accessories.
As a medium-priced tattoo machine, Hawink is a great alternative to more expensive premium models. Artists are attracted to the high accuracy and stability of the products at an affordable price.
12. Vlad Blad
The vlad blad tattoo machine is a type of tattooing machine invented by Vladimir Blad in 2005. The brand has rapidly established its reputation in the tattoo industry within a short period of time. The company’s founder, VLAD Blad, is a Russian manufacturer with extensive experience in this market.
The company’s product range includes a variety of tattooing machines, including both rotary and coil tattoo machines. For us, precision and premium tattoo liners, which provide clear contrast, are of paramount importance. Further, shaders allow for the creation of transitions, shadows and tightly packed areas. As a result, there are also sophisticated machines that can be adjusted to perform any task.
WHY IS THIS THE TOP PICK
- There are many reasons to choose Vlad Blad Irons as your next iron. The performance and the ergonomics are both excellent. There are two unique stroke characteristics in the device’s name, which allow it to produce sharp lines, shades, colors, and black and grey work.
- It uses high-speed, low-power electric motors to move the needle and ink through stencils faster than traditional machines. This particular model can produce up to 25 tattoos per hour with each motor moving the needle at speeds of over 2,000 rpm.
Every vlad blad coil tattoo machine is made with precision, hard-hitting power, and style. Both Tatmatic liners and Tatmatic shaders include 6 wrap coils.
As this brand has evolved, it has added useful accessories, replacement parts, and many product variants to meet the needs of all kinds of tattoo artists.
Rescorpion is an expert in the field of coil tattoo machines. With this cast iron lining, there will be no problems associated with short circuits. It’s a pretty good quality tattoo machine brand within the average price range, one of the best.
WHY IS THIS THE TOP PICK
The Redscorpion tattoo machines are capable of performing an array of tattoo styles, such as lining, filling, coloring, shading, pepper shading, and dot work. Artists can perform all of these tasks with ease because of the gadget’s sleek design and precise performance.
It has quality steel parts, durable composites that won’t crack, copper and brass electrical parts, and tool steel parts that won’t bend or dent. Any tattoo needle size and any tattoo tube can be used on your Vital tattoo machine.
HOW MUCH DOES A GOOD TATTOO GUN COST?
A good tattoo gun can come at just about any price point. There are really good cheap tattoo guns but the more expensive ones are also famous for their top-notch quality and performance. This is why, as we mentioned earlier, the price of such equipment isn’t a reliable marker for their quality or performance.
If you’re looking for a nice cheap tattoo machine, you’ll be able to find some below $100. There may be some compromises that you need to make with them, however, but their friendly price tags are great trade-offs. Highly coveted and recommended tattoo guns can also go beyond $400 easily, especially the ones made by professional artists.
WHAT TO BUY FOR YOUR TATTOO SHOP TO START TATTOOING?
If you want to get started in tattooing, you’ll need quite a few supplies and pieces of equipment. Here are the basics that you absolutely must have:
- A tattoo gun or two (for lining, shading, and coloring)
- Starter ink set
- Power supply
- Disinfecting solution
- Cleaning tools
- Machine cover
- Rubber bands
- Cover sheets for chairs and other surfaces
- Holding tray
- Practice skin
The upfront costs of starting out in tattooing is not a small matter, so you should come in prepared.
IS TATTOOING HARD TO LEARN?
Yes, tattooing can be hard to learn. Even if you’re good at drawing and other sorts of illustration, it doesn’t mean that you can automatically translate those skills into skin inking. These two processes are very different so it’s safe to say that tattooing can be challenging to learn.
Tattooing is also not just about making skin art, so the difficulty of the process is further heightened by other factors. At the top of this list are hygiene and sanitation as you also have to observe both if you want to safely practice your craft.
Skincare is also an important aspect of tattooing and is another tricky area to navigate. Becoming knowledgeable about how the skin reacts to trauma and foreign substance injected into it can also prove to be a major challenge to many.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO LEARN TATTOOING?
The duration of learning tattooing can be greatly different from one person to another. Some might be able to pick up the skill quite quickly while others can take a while. To give you a good idea about the learning process, most experts say that tattoo apprenticeships can take two to five years.
While this time frame will also include the time you’ll spend honing and improving your skills, it’s still a reliable measure of how much time you should allocate in your own career timeline.
If you liked this article, you’ll also be interested in tattoos aftercare:
- Best Tattoo Lotion For New Tattoo Healing
- Best Moisturizers For New Tattoos
- Best Lotion For New Tattoos
- Best Tattoo Care Products According to Experts
- Best Numbing Creams For Tattoos
Picking the Best Brand Tattoo Machines
The best tattoo machine brands stands out with its innovative designs and guarantees that prove they stand behind their work.
However, if you know what you need and prefer, you shouldn’t have too much of a hard time making a choice.
You just need to be a bit thorough in making your search, however, as there really are quite a lot of impressive options out there. Use our guide above as a starting point and you might just find yourself easily navigating your search for the right tattoo gun.