Imagine dealing with bloody scabs and itchy dry skin on your fresh tattoo. Ouch!
Frankly, the most excruciating suffering arises after leaving the tattoo artist’s haven and into the self-care stage. Additionally, leaving your new body art dry is the most painful blunder you could ever make. Yikes! We know with every tattoo comes to a story.
But, don’t worry, we have listed a few expert items which we used in our tattoo shop to help your body art ease up and recover quickly. So say bye-bye to swollen skin and hello to your new body art!
|Coppertone Tattoos Guard Continuous Spray||View on Amazon.com|
|Tattoo Goo Lotion Kit||View on Amazon.com|
|Hustle Deluxe Tattoo Butter||View on Amazon.com|
|H2Ocean Blue Green Foam Soap||View on Amazon.com|
Expert Tattoo Artist Tattoos Care Tips for Beginners
Here are a couple of do’s and don’ts to help you out through what you essentially need to know;
- Be sure to check for any allergens or potential irritants from the ingredient list of a tattoo product before use.
- Put on sun-protective clothing whenever necessary.
- In the event of any complication or anything out of the ordinary, call your tattoo artist for further guidance.
- Make sure to wash your hands to get rid of any potential contaminants before use.
- Keep it hygienic
- Itch or pick at the tattoo
- Unless fully healed, it is not advisable to cover your tattoo with sunblock.
- Go swimming, although taking a shower is just fine.
- Cover your tattoo with tight clothing
- Use the tattoo aftercare products without a professional’s guidance.
- Rapid weight gain or loss could lead to considerable tattoo distortion.
10 Best Tattoo After Care Product According to Experts
1. Coppertone Tattoos Guard Continuous Spray
- UVA and UVB sunscreen incorporation for UV ray protection
- Made with shea butter and vitamin E
- Dermatologist tested
- Spray tattoo aftercare product
- Moisturizes and nourishes
- Hypoallergenic formulation
Boasting of superior formulation, the Coppertone tattoo guard continuous spray is undoubtedly among the best tattoo products to use for tattoo aftercare.
It is a dermatologist tested formula utilizing UVA and UVB sunscreen technology which effectively provides protection against UV rays which could potentially distort the expression of your new body art. Applicable for large area coverage as well as optimal angular spraying, the Coppertone tattoo guard continuous spray offers convenient, quick and efficient application. It is as well an effective photos table, hypoallergenic and of broad spectrum application. This product has been designed for optimal skincare purposes as well as skin maintenance.
2. Tattoo Goo Lotion Kit
- Versatile functionality
- Conveniently portable
- Travel friendly
- Advanced formulation is suitable for all skin type
- This lotions kit contains all the things for healing a new ink tattoo
The tattoo goo lotion kit provides for an optimal use allowing for a smooth, consistent and pleasant feel during application. This tattoo goo wash is particularly important for avoiding distortion and sensative skin irritation as it tattoo heals.
Your tattoo will be more moisturized and less dry as soon as it’s applied, and even your itching sensations will be reduced. This is important since giving in to your urge to scratch the peeling skin off your new tattoo can cause infections.
You will also find it easier to peel off the dead skin cells being shed and, thus, revealing the bright and bold colors of your new ink.
Within five days of regular application of this tattoo lotions, your skin will feel different in a good way. You will likely observe that your skin doesn’t feel as itchy, reddish, and irritated as before.
You may even appreciate that the tattoo goo aftercare lotion feels smoother and softer, too, a bonus when your skin felt like it has been abused a few days before.
There’s little to no fragrance, too. Tattoo goo is suitable for use even after your tattoo has completely healed, an aftercare process that can take a few weeks depending on your skin type and other factors.
3. Hustle Deluxe Tattoo Butter
- Multifunctional use
- Non-cruelty certified
- Petroleum paraben free
- Multiple beneficial application
- Convenient and effective application
- Conveniently portable
The Hustle Butter Deluxe aftercare lotion is a luxury product considered to be the best tattoo ointment to get owing to the fact that it not only effectively applies for optimal application throughout a procedure, but is as well developed through non-cruel methods while incorporating purely vegan ingredients.
Hustle butter is as well without any petroleum paraben, making it an all-natural butter formulation.
Hustle butter is consistent and all-natural formulation makes it an ideal lotion for both tattoo artist and their clients. This is because it is optimally applicable for before, during, and after a new tattoo ink procedure.
Hustle Butter Deluxe lotion is owing to the fact that its superior formulation allows for its application without stencil removal, without tube clogging, and significant reduction of bleeding, redness, and swelling as well as accelerating the new tattoo healing process.
4. H2Ocean Blue Green Foam Soap
- Conveniently portable
- Antibacterial formulation
- Vegan friendly product is a great way to prep your body surface prior to getting inked
- Fragrance free
- Healing effects
- Favorably priced
Apart from being of antibacterial formulation, the blue-green soap comes with an effective vegan-friendly and paraben free composition, making it diversely satisfactory for a wide variety of enthusiasts in the market.
Its healing ointment effects, along with its preservation formulation, qualify this tattoo moisturizer and aftercare lotion among the perfect one.
You won’t have to worry about the irritating or potential allergenic synthetic fragrance and skin reactions with the H2Ocean blue green foam soap.
This is advantageous for limiting health-hazardous incidents and ensuring optimal environmental health.
5. Ora’s Amazing Herbal Tattoos Salve
- Helps quickly heal fresh ink and more bright and look like new
- Non-petroleum jelly
- Optimal allergen prevention
- High quality product
- Socially, environmentally and ethically considerate
Compassionately formulated from organic herbs, this tattoo moisturizer and aftercare lotion is free from additives based on chemicals, synthetics, gluten, parabens, dyes, mineral oil and other substances such as allergens.
With the organic herbal composition, this tattoo lotion contains hyaluronic acid that accelerates healing as well as optimal skin rejuvenation after a tattooing procedure.
This lotion stuff offers ease of application while allowing for optimal consistency for a smooth and appealing feel. This protects your body surface by limiting unnecessary skin irritations and avoiding potential infection problem.
6. Redemption By New York Tattoo
- USDA certified
- 100% organic composition
- Safe for all skin types
- Healing and soothing properties
- Ergonomic container design
- Portably travel friendly
Being an organic tattoo lotion, the redemption has been formulated to be optimally effective for skincare and lubrication purposes.
This is thanks to the infusion of skincare as well as skincare components found in the organic ingredients that aid with the quick healing of the skin as well as the optimal maintenance.
The redemption lotion allows for application during and after a tattooing procedure. This is owing to its lubricating, soothing, and healing made possible by the incorporation of organic ingredients.
It’s one of a kind as well as exclusive certification by the USDA as being a satisfactory effective alternative to petroleum, makes this product a viable consideration among one of the best tattoo lotions available.
7. Viking Revolution Tattoo Balm
- Mixture of all-natural ingredients including grape seed oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, shea butter, coconut oil, and vitamin E oil
- It is good for all skin types
- Healing enhancing
- Non-petroleum based
- Quality assurance
- Comes with a 100 percent money-back guarantee
Formulated from natural and organic ingredients, the Viking tattoo balm endeavors to provide top-notch new tattoo ink care properties without potentially damaging the use of synthetic elements.
This new tattoo wash is quite advantageous as it is scientifically proven that natural and organic skincare items and tattoo aftercare products alike pose minimal risks to the skin as compared to non-organic products
You no longer have to suffer the unfortunate but certainly worthwhile effects of getting a new tattoo ink done or having an old one re-done. This tattoo balm will counteract the itchiness, speed up recovery process time, replenish your degraded skin, all while maintaining a protective barrier.
The Viking revolution balm has been specially formulated such that you are able to use it before, during, or after a tattooing procedure to optimal effect. The healing ointment can as well be effectively used for various other purposes, including healing low-level burns and cuts while restoring moisture to dried up skin.
8. Fisticuffs Tattoo Balm
- It is pleasant for everyone; absorb quickly and sooth the skin — worth the purchase price
- Promotes a faster and healthier way for your brand-new tattoo to heal
- The best thing is that it is made from natural ingredients
- Made from coconut oil, rosemary oil, tea tree oil, mineral oil, and parabens
Fisticuffs Tattoo Balm is slowly infused with herbal extracts that facilitate the optimal protection of skin while ensuring tattoos are maintained in an optimally artistic state.
This is highly advantageous when it comes to tattoo aftercare as it keeps in check potential risks while at the same time not deteriorating the authenticity and integrity of an acquired or already existing tattoo inks.
The product offer utmost convenience in their application as they are easy to apply and achieve the smoothest and most consistent protective layer over your tattoos.
They are as well applicable for extended use even after your skin has completely healed in natural way and your tattoo inks well settled on your skin.
This is largely because of its moisturizing effects that allow for conditioning of the skin, keeping it in an optimal state.
9. After Inked Tattoo Moisturizer
- Most important thing to recommend as an artist
- Its working from day one
- The beauty of this product is that the list of ingredients is very ‘bare’
- Extremely gentle formula for the most sensitive skin
- Ingredients: Grape seed oil, glycerin, shea butter, orange, jojoba, and synthetic beeswax
- Needs more applying for extra-dry skin
As mentioned above, the standout trait of this after-inked tattoo moisturizer tattoo lotion is its use of all-natural, organic, and food-grade ingredients.
It definitely took things to the next level by making sure that their contents are safe enough to eat. This guarantees that it doesn’t contain anything toxic.
However, it should still be noted that the after-inked tattoo lotion contains parfum in the form of English Rose oil. This might put off some people but it’s not really that bad.
The scent is very mild and goes away after a while. The ingredient is also natural, so it might not be a major cause of irritation.
Aside from helping your skin heal in natural way, this aftercare tattoo lotion can also work as a lubricant and barrier during the tattooing time. Some may prefer it over petrolatum products since it’s made not to clog needles.
It also won’t move or erase stencil markings, so you won’t have to struggle while you complete a piece.
10. Aquaphor Healing Ointment Tattoo Lotions
- Recommended by some tattoo artists
- Extremely affordable price tag that can be purchased by everyone
- Aquaphor is the one all-purpose ointment
- Nature-friendly person love this product
- The natural ingridients helps to boost up the tattoo healing process quickly
- Those with very dry skin should reapply more
Like many of the moisturizing product listed here, the Aquaphor Healing tattoo lotion is an all-natural product. It doesn’t contain chemicals or even parabens, limiting the possible irritants found in its mix.
This tattoo lotion key ingredients are papaw, d-panthenol, coconut oil, beeswax, and sweet almond oil. We’ll discuss the benefits of papaw below, so let’s take a closer look at the other components instead.
Aquaphor tattoo lotion is one of the most notable inclusions in this lotions because it’s a provitamin of the B₅ variety. It’s a potent nutrient for wound healing and skin repair, making it the perfect addition to a tattoo balm.
Lots of people have to go through weeks of grueling tattoo recovery phases so it makes perfect sense that there’s a demand for products that can help speed up the process.
This lotions in particular promise to cut down the process to 2-3 weeks with the help of its healing properties and it makes your newly ink tattoo more attractive.
11. ArtNaturals Organic Moroccan Tattoo Aftercare
Rounding out our selection of products is the ArtNaturals tattoo aftercare. This item is also more of a repurposed choice for tattoo aftercare because of how Argan Oil is in caring for your skin.
The most important thing to note about this product is the fact that it’s a singular ingredient item. It’s only really just ArganOil tattoo aftercare in its pure form. There are no other ingredients in this product as it’s also meant to be used as an ingredient for other DIY skincare recipes.
Stay Updated: Best Tattoo Cover up Makeup for Wedding Day
Best Concealer for Tattoo Coverage: We Tested Tattoo Makeup
Isn’t it remarkable how comprehensive the moisturizing options of after-care tattoo products are? There’s an array for all skin types and preferences, starting from lotions to even soaps.
The aftercare stage is the optimal turning point where you must invest yourself in extensively caring for your fresh ink. Keep in mind that it takes a heck lot to maintain a tattoo but, the results can be swifter if you bag the correct products.
Comments are closed.