The search for the finest professional tattoo kits is not as easy as picking the most expensive one out there. But we hope that this buying guide could point you in the right direction. The mark of a true professional tattoo artist lies with the unique and skillful techniques that separate them from an amateur tattoo artist. The best tattoo kits is, therefore, absolutely crucial to the competitive success of their respective practices.
10 Best Professional Tattoo Kit in 2020 (Our Top Picks)
This comprehensive review helps you decide what is the most suitable tattoo equipment is for you and what points you should consider when trying to pick one. These are a few selections among the finest professional tattoo kits available:
1. EZTAT2 Traxex- Best Tattoo Machine Kits
Driven by a powerful Germany Faulhaber motor, this professional tattoo kit comes in a particularly and perfectly balanced as well as upright design. It fits among the best tattoo kit available for tattoo artists largely thanks to its performance-enhancing features, including its dual availability, Combo version for adjustable grips, and Vise version for flex and flexed grips.
2. EZTAT2 Dagger Y FAULHABER- Best Rotary Tattoo Machine Kits
Combining the unique direct drive system with the tattoo pen-style design, the EZTAT2 rotary tattoo kit will deliver an unparalleled tattooing experience for a professional artist. Its superior enhancement of techniques such as shading and lining along with its perfect design, just to mention a few of its impressive attributes, earns this particular tattoo machine/tattoo kit a spot among the best tattoo kit leading to professional rotary tattoo machines available.
3. EZTAT2 Astral- Best Tattoo Machine Kit for Professional
This Japanese motor fitted Astral tattoo rotary cartridge tattoo kits comes in an upright perfectly balanced design to enhance its accuracy and precision during practice. It features convenient provisions for hard, medium, and soft three extra plunger bar Interchangeable drive systems that allow for improved expressions of detailed projects.
The Astral tattoo rotary cartridge machine/tattoo kit is as well attributed with an appealing and sleek purple design that reflects positively on the professionalism of a tattooist.
4. Dragonhawk Complete Tattoo Kit – Best Tattoo Kit Brands
For the ultimate experience in the tattoo industry, only the utmost professional tattoo kits brand make the cut. Luckily, the Dragonhawk Complete Tattoo Kit fits in quite satisfactorily in this high achieving category. It comes with an adequate 20 Pcs tattoo needle cartridges to be effectively facilitated by the Dragonhawk Complete tattoo kit digital power supply fitted with a rotary machine.
These are some of the highlighting features that put this particular beginner tattoo machine or tattoo kit .
5. Dragonhawk Mast Pen- Best Professional Tattoo Gun Kit
Another tattoo artist’s kit among the best tattoo kit for lining and shading work from Dragonhawk. Dragonhawk Mast Pen Rotary Tattoo Complete with a powerful custom motor and a mechanically advanced system, this beginner kit promises to deliver reliable, smooth, and quiet performance throughout a tattoo artist’s practice.
The Dragonhawk Mast Pen Tattoo Machine is as well compatible with all needle cartridges available. It is, therefore, a high quality tattoo kit. tattoo kit for any professional artist looking for one among the best kits in the tattoo industry.
6. Solong Tattoo Complete Kit 2 Pro- Best Tattoo Gun Kit
Undoubtedly among the outstanding tattoo starter kits available would be the Solong Complete Tattoo Kit 2 Pro. It’s not much of a surprise because Solong tattoo kit has been known for its impressive collection of creations in tattoo rotary machines, tattoo ink, tattoo needles, power supply, and grips that conform to the vast customer expectations.
7. Stigma Tattoo Kit Pro- Best Apprentice Tattoo Kit
Designed, manufactured, and tested all remarkably within two months, the stigma complete tattoo kit pro has been put to the test by the very best of professional tattoo artists. It is, therefore, a tattoo kit specially made to be among the outstanding professional tattoo kits available. Capable of delivering smooth, delicate, and consistent lines as well as precisely and accurately expressing the most intricate of details, the stigma complete tattoo kit is indeed an ideal tattoo kit for any professional artist.
8. Wormhole- Best Cheap Tattoo Kit
If you are an aspiring professional tattoo artist looking to make significant inroads within the professional ranks of the tattoo industry, then a wormhole starter tattoo kit could be just the tattoo kit for you. It has been designed to be compatible with most needle cartridges than not. It as well comes with an ergonomic design and is portable lightweight to enhance the comfortable maneuverability feel.
9. Wormhole- Best Quality Tattoo Kits
Another tattoo kit or tattoo sets from Wormhole tattoo is this color packer machine that can as well ideally work for as a beginner kit looking to broaden their technical tattooing attributes. With a particular focus on improving on tattoo kit designs to keep them updated and of the best possible high quality. This red wormhole rotary tattoo kit for beginners allows prospective professional tattoo artists to enhance their techniques and skills.
10. EZTAT2 BAT Tattoo Cartridge Machine Kit
Next on our list the EZTAT2 BAT Tattoo Cartridge Machine Kit Japan DC Coreless Motor with Grip Needles Supply. This is a top tattoo kit for being the best rotary tattoo machine due to its customizable features. With it, you’re guaranteed to have the exact settings you want to achieve the results you needto get started .
If you’re lucky, you might have already found an interesting pick from our list above. If not, it’s alright. It’s understandable if you find yourself a bit overwhelmed with your options. There are lots of excellent tattoo machine guns available so it can really be hard to choose just one.
To help you weed through one of the best tattoo machine guns available to you, we’ve rounded up more points that will prove to be useful to your search. Check them out below.
How Tattoo Guns Work: A Very Basic Overview
Tattoo Guns are quite fascinating as they can create permanent works of body art on what would consider an unconventional kind of canvas. However, tattoo guns are not really a complicated device if you’ll get to know it better.
It’s basically just a mechanical method of injecting ink into the skin. A tattoo machine is pretty much just a motorized set of needles that are designed to deliver the ink from the machine’s reservoir to the skin.
It’s certainly not too different from the traditional method of tattooing as it uses some force to puncture the skin in order to deliver the ink and deposit it into the ray skin layer. It’s just more convenient to use and a lot easier to use than having to hold a needle against the skin and some sort of clubbing material to thump it with.
The types of tattoo machine guns all work the same way, they just have different mechanisms to create ample force to puncture the skin efficiently. The finest coil guns use electromagnetic current to trigger the armature bar’s movement. Rotary machines, on the other hand, use different kinds of additional mechanisms to create the up-and-down movements of the needle.
Here’s How to Make Your Own Tattoo Guns
As mentioned above, tattoo guns aren’t exactly the most complex things to make. This is why lots of tattoo artists, professional and amateur alike, have already tried their hands on DIYing one.
They do not guarantee the most fantastic high quality, especially if you’re not very knowledgeable in machine building or tattooing but the best handmade tattoo kits exist. If you want to make one, here are some of the basic steps to make a very rudimentary one:
- Gather the necessary tools. These include nine-volt batteries with clips, small electric motors similar to the ones in electric razors, screwdrivers, buttons, wires, a cutting knife, sellotape, superglue, scissors, pliers, sterile tattoo needles or a roll of guitar strings, and a lighter. You’ll also need something for the frame. Some use plastic toothbrushes while others rig one with a spoon and plastic ballpoint pen.
- Make the base. Whichever material you may have chosen, bend it to an L shape. Make sure that one end is longer than the other coil machines.
- Make the tube. Cut the barrel of a ballpoint pen to about half its length. Get the ink tube then take off the stainless steel tip.
- Prepare the needle. If you want your tattoo machine to be fully DIY, you can whip up a tattoo needle using the roll of guitar string but that won’t be very safe. Using a sterile needle will be more ideal if you can access some anyway. If you’ll do this, remove the ring at the end of the needle and bend it to 90 degrees at about a centimeter away from the new tip. Slot it through the ink tube.
- Build the switch of the device using the batteries and wire. Grab a red-colored wire and cut it in half. Once the insulation is exposed, slice it until only half a centimeter of bare wire on the ends are left. Undo the screws of the battery until you can slide in the two ends of the wires. Fasten it on the other side then attach the battery to the clip. Rest the ends of the black and red cables on each of the two ends of the motor contacts. It should start tattooing once the switch is flicked.
- Ensure the needle’s movement by dropping some superglue into one of the holes of the motor before inserting the tip of the rotor. Place the needle inside the opposite hole of the one you just put glue on.
- Attach the mechanism to the frame. Test out the measurements by ensuring that the needle sits perpendicular to the longer end of the frame. Once you found the right spot, tape the motor to the frame without covering the electric contacts. Place the battery underneath the motor with the contact facing the outer end of the shorter side of the frame.
- Attach the switch by placing it on the contact points of the motor then tape it in between the end of the frame and the motor. Join the clip to the battery next but make sure that the thing doesn’t create sparks before taping everything up.
- Attach the ink tube to the handle. Make sure that the motor is turned off then push the needle through the buttonhole that should sit on the opposite side of the glued rotor. Insert it to the tube then choose the farthest distance that you can fix the needle in so when it moves it won’t get jammed. It should stick out for about half a centimeter at maximum extension.
By using these steps, you can already create a very basic tattoo machine. With some tweaking and maybe the use of more decent components, you can whip up the best custom tattoo kits with these steps.